Primary Family Wellbeing Protective Factor: Networks & Social Support
Develop a trauma-informed community that recognizes the effects of trauma with a shared understanding and responds in an empathic and helpful way.
Work collaboratively to increase family resiliency and prevent substance abuse, violence and trauma in our community.
- Community agencies, systems and schools are TRAUMA-INFORMED.
- Parents of young children (birth to 5) STRENGTHEN PROTECTIVE FACTORS for their children.
- Priority populations grow strong, HEALTHY PEER NETWORKS that support healthy choices.
- All community members and organizations UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT OF ADVERSE CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES and know how to help children, youth, adults and families BUILD RESILIENCE.
- Communities build capacity to REDUCE adult HEAVY AND BINGE DRINKING and UNDERAGE ALCOHOL USE, and ELIMINATE the use of ILLEGAL DRUGS and MISUSED PRESCRIPTION DRUGS among youth and adults.
- INTERVENTION AND TREATMENT SERVICES for substance abuse and domestic violence are accessible to those who need them.
- STRONG BACKBONE SUPPORT sustains this collaborative effort.